LightHouse will be running a series of summer programs in August, 2018.
Check back to see an updated schedule. Coming soon: Glass Torchwork, Welding, and Maker Space
Alza Tu Voz
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
“Moriviví is a collective of young female artists, working on public art since April 2013. Based in Puerto Rico, we’ve gained recognition for the creation of murals, where we’ve developed the subject of human condition directed to sensibilize spectators. “
- Activate conversation between Puerto Rican islanders, Puerto Ricans from the diaspora, and non-Puerto Ricans
- Learn about the history of public art and muralism in Puerto Rico and beyond
- Learn how to develop a compelling, artistic message and add it to the streetscape in ways that are legal and beautiful
- Learn the techniques to make lasting, professional outdoor murals
- Leave a group statement through art that will last much longer than a two week workshop
Cost: $250/week, $500 total.
Limit 12 students ages 13-18. Some scholarship available for highly motivated artists willing to write or create a piece of art demonstrating their interest.
For more information about any aspect of the workshop contact LightHouse Director Catherine Gobron at email@example.com or 413-420-8299.
Learn more about Colectivo Moriviví: colectivomorivivi.com
Registration requires a $100 deposit.Register Now
“A wall is a very big weapon. It’s one of the
nastiest things you can hit someone with.”